Our Environmental Policy
Wester Ross Fisheries is a well-established producer of Atlantic salmon, based in Ullapool on the Northwest coast of Scotland, where it employs 30 full time staff at its various sites. This company enhances its reputation for the quality of its products, and the service it provides to its customers, through best practice in staff development, husbandry, methodology, environmental protection, and by maintaining certification to the internationally recognised environmental management, ISO 14001.
Wester Ross recognises that its daily operations impact upon the environment in various ways, and is aware of its responsibility to minimise the potential harmful effects of such actions wherever, and whenever this is possible. Wester Ross strives to achieve continual environmental improvements, to minimise the creation of waste, and to prevent pollution.
Wester Ross Fisheries is committed to achieving environmental best performance practise throughout all of its activities by:
- Complying with, or exceeding legal requirements, industry codes of practice, and customer specifications.
- Accepting responsibility for any harm to the environment caused by company activities, and taking reasonable steps to remedy any such damage.
- Monitoring purchasing practices and internal operations, including energy and transport, to ensure best use of natural resources and minimal environmental impact.
- Minimising the waste produced in all areas of our business.
- Minimising any environmental impacts of new developments, through the use of the integrated environmental management procedures and planning.
- Continually improving our environmental performance and preventing pollution.
- Designing and maintaining a set of objectives and targets to address environmental aspects and impacts, and to improve performance.
- Seeking to integrate environmental considerations into future business policy decisions.
- Communicating the policy as appropriate to colleagues, staff, customers, suppliers, and any other interested parties and stakeholders.
- Developing management systems to implement and review this policy.
- Ensuring that staff is made aware of environmental issues as part of standard training programmes.
- Review and revise (if required) our environmental statement/policy annually.
Wester Ross Fisheries Ltd.